Breakfast, snack, dessert
|Prep time||15-30 min depending on quantity of fruit used|
|Servings||Depends on quantity of fruit used|
Unlike most Formae recipes, this one is neither French nor uncommon. But we felt we had to suggest it, or remind of it, because of its many virtues:
1. It is a serious contributor to the 5 a day recommendation that individuals should consume a minimum of 400g of fruit & vegetables per day,
2. It is the ultimate healthy dessert, very useful to counter-balance a less healthy main course (think pasta, pizza),
3. It is a very efficient way to get kids to eat the fruit that they might not want to peel themselves (kiwi, orange, mango,...),
4.It tastes sooo much better than store-made fruit salads, that are usually pretty bland,
5, One can mix & match pretty much any fruit.
So, it goes like this:
- Essentially any fruit you wish or have at hand: berries, banana, peach, apple, pear, apple pear, kiwi, mango, orange, pineapple, watermelon, melon...
- No minimum but the more varieties, the richer the flavor. Anywhere between 5 and 8 types of fruit is a good number,
- Quantities are also at your discretion. Balanced quantities of each fruit will prevent a dominant flavor.
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 to 5 mint leaves (optional)
Cutting board, kitchen knife, peeling knife, serving bowl.
Rince, peel, slice each fruit you choose to incorporate. Smaller dices will better the blend of flavors, in the bowl and in your mouth. Put fruit in the serving bowl.
STEP 2 (optional)
Chop thinly and sprinkle the mint leaves.
Squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the salad. Its acidic content will prevent cut fruit from turning brown.
STEP 4 (optional)
Cover bowl with plate or plastic film and cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes. That's it!
Any questions? Contact us!